This page will provide a listing of links to recommended and approved open educational resources and repositories, also known as OERs. This collection of OERs is for teacher use only. Any resources found within these sites may be used for instruction, but students are not to create accounts.
- OER Commons is a public digital library of open educational resources. Explore, create, and collaborate with educators around the world to improve curriculum.
- If you are experiencing issues with navigating this site while using Internet Explorer, try using Chrome, Edge or Firefox.
Maintained by New York State Department of Education
- Lessons are connected to the CCSS for each grade level in ELA and Math.
- Math lessons up to ninth grade have been translated into 5 languages
- Units are comprised of lessons from different OER sources, each with a CC license
- Entire units can be downloaded as a zip file or single lessons can be downloaded individually.
- No login is required
- Each lesson may have a different Creative Commons License.
- Search by term or subject, and further filter the search by content type, subject, grade, or standards.
- Make collections of resources to share with other users.
- Search by “MSDE” to see resources uploaded by MSDE
- A login is required to save resources and collections. (When making a login, it is recommended that you do not use the same login you use for Amazon purchases).
Interactive Science and Math Simulations from the University of Colorado
- A “how to use” section gives teachers best practices for integrating the simulations into their classes.
- Each simulation is translated into many languages
- Simulations can be embedded into a website or a Powerpoint.
- Some simulations require Java
- A log in is necessary to watch the “primer” for each simulation, as well as access the teacher resources for each simulation.
|MSDE Curriculum Resources
https://msde.blackboard.comThe Maryland State Department of Education has added thousands of instructional resources that are aligned with the Maryland College and Career Ready Standards.
- No login needed
- Click on Curriculum Resources
- Browse the categories for your content area, then view the courses or levels by topic
|Open Up Resources
http://openupresources.org/OpenUp Open-Up Resources is a nonprofit site that provides standards-alighted programs and open ed resources.
- 6-8 Math Curriculum resources
- ELA curriculum resources will be available under open license in the Summer 2018.
- High school resources will be available in the future.