As technology continues to become a more seamless and integrated tool within our classrooms, CCPS teachers must possess the skills and behaviors of digital age professionals. This site has been designed to help teachers become aware of the technology resources and tools that are available to them within Carroll County Public Schools and the best practices for their instructional use in the classroom.
Throughout this site, you will see references to the ISTE NETS Standards for administrators, teachers, and students. These standards are linked here for your quick reference:
NETS-A+Standards – Administrator Standards
NETS-T+Standards – Teacher Standards
NETS-S+Standards – Student Standards
1. Creativity and Innovation – Students demonstrate creative thinking, construct knowledge, and develop innovative products and processes using technology.
2. Communication and Collaboration – Students use digital media and environments to communicate and work collaboratively, including at a distance, to support individual learning and contribute to the learning of others.
3. Research and Information Fluency – Students apply digital tools to gather, evaluate, and use information.
4. Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, and Decision Making – Students use critical thinking skills to plan and conduct research, manage projects, solve problems, and make informed decisions using appropriate digital tools and resources.
5. Digital Citizenship – Students understand human, cultural, and societal issues related to technology and practice legal and ethical behavior.
6. Technology Operations and Concepts – Students demonstrate a sound understanding of technology concepts, systems, and operations.